- 24 oz. jar of Pickled Pink Gourmet sweet pickle slices
- Peanut oil for frying–You could use canola or vegetable oil, but why would you?
- 1 cup all purpose flour in its own bowl
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal in its own bowl or plate
- 4 large eggs, preferably still warm from the nest, beaten in a bowl
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
First, honor the pickles by eating one Pickled Pink Gourmet sweet pickle slice naked from the jar. Savor it. Next, in a heavy pan, heat 2 inches of peanut oil to 350 degrees F. Salt and pepper both the flour and the cornmeal. Dredge pickle slices through the flour, then the egg, then the cornmeal. Fry in batches for three minutes while remembering your favorite state fairs and fall festivals. Remove from oil with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.