- 1 (15-ounce) can of chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of one large lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (plus additional for serving)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup Pickled Pink Garlic Dill Pickles, chopped (plus additional for serving)
- 3 tablespoons juice from Pickled Pink Garlic Dill Pickles
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped (plus additional for serving)
Combine tahini, lemon juice and one tablespoon of pickle juice into a food processor. Process for one minute, scrape sides and then continue processing for an additional 30 seconds.
Add olive oil, garlic, chopped pickles, cumin and salt to the mixture. Process for 30 seconds, scrape sides and then continue processing for an additional 30 seconds.
Add half of the rinsed chickpeas and one tablespoon of the pickle juice to the mixture and process for one minute. Scrape sides and add the remaining chickpeas and the remaining tablespoon of pickle juice. Process for 1-2 minutes until the hummus is thick and smooth. Add the chopped dill and process for an additional 30 seconds.
Put in a bowl and add your favorite toppings. We like adding some chopped Garlic Dill Pickles, a drizzle of olive oil and fresh dill. Delicious and nutritious!