GOURMET JALAPEÑO PICKLE SALMON ROUNDS
- 4 pieces smoked salmon.
- 4 pieces pumpernickel bread.
- Pickled Pink Gourmet Jalapeño Pickles (one or two per round).
- Micro-greens for garnish.
- 6 ounces smoked salmon.
- 1 – 8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened.
- 1/2 fresh lemon, juiced.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Dried Dill to taste (optional).
Place smoked salmon in a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth. Mix in heavy cream, cream cheese, lemon juice, dried dill, salt and pepper. Blend into desired consistency.
To prepare rounds:
Spread a thick layer of the mousse over the slices of pumpernickel bread. Layer a piece of smoked salmon over the mousse. Take a cookie cutter (we like round, but square works too!) and cut into rounds. Usually makes 2-3 rounds per slice of bread. Put in refrigerator to set for 15 minutes or when ready to serve. Top each round with Pickled Pink Gourmet Jalapeño Pickles and garnish. The perfect party nibble!