- 2 cups cooked rice (cooled)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pickled Pink Perfectly Pickled Peaches
Add cornstarch and sugar to a medium size sauce pan and stir to mix. Add the milk and eggs. Once blended together, add the rice and cook till mixture begins to boil – stirring constantly.
Once mixture begins to boil, lower heat to medium and cook for twenty minutes, continuing to stir constantly.
Remove from the heat and add the vanilla and butter until the butter melts completely.
Place in bowl and top with cinnamon, nutmeg, and our sweet/spicy Perfectly Pickled Peaches. Enjoy either hot or cold.
Now that is comfort in a bowl!